Today’s interview is with the undeniably fashionable blogger, Monica Awe-Etuk, the creator of the addictive style blog Awed By Monica. Not only does Monica ooze style as she inspires her legion of followers every single day, but she does it with such ease, grace and charm. A wife, a mother, a working woman and a fellow Nigerian blogger, Monica makes us all ask the million dollar question “How does she do it?”. Being an avid admirer of hers, I was beyond thrilled to interview her in all her fabulous glory. It is not only an honor but a pleasure to share her inspiring story with you all. Enjoy!
1. How did you get started in your line of work & what do you enjoy most about it?
I actually started my blog when I was on maternity leave. I needed an outlet for myself while I took care of the kids. And I must say best work decision I ever made!
2. Describe your typical day?
A typical day for me is waking up before 7am, working out, making the kids food, getting them ready for daycare, then myself for work. Dropping the kids off, going to work, back home blogging then going to sleep before midnight.
3. How would you define your fashion style?
My fashion style is a mix of classic and trendy. I have to admit, sometimes function is not always a priority, however I do dress for the occasion.
4. Where do you shop for clothes?
I literally shop everywhere. As long as the quality is amazing and the cut of the garment is perfect, I will buy it!
5. What are your fashion must-haves?
My fashion must-haves right now are a midi skirt, Lux sweatshirts, an amazing pair of pumps and a green Kelly bag!
6. What are your beauty must-haves?
My beauty must-haves are my Clarisonic, tinted moisturizer, blush and Dior mascara.
7. What items are in your bag right now?
In my bag right now; my LV organizer, makeup bag, iPad and keys
8. What 3 songs are playing on heavy rotation this week?
- Beyonce’s Drunk In Love
- Lorde’s Royals
- John Legend’s All of me
9. Any advice for aspiring career /entrepreneurial women on how to juggle work & life?
My advice is to never settle for mediocre! Create a schedule for yourself, Learn how to multitask and never give up when things look bad, success is just around the corner.
10. How do you find the balance in life?
I find the balance in life by having fun with my work. I enjoy the challenge it brings and I truly love fashion, so doing what you love helps.
11. What/Who inspires you and why?
I am inspired by all women who do well and learn to tackle as much as possible without losing their minds!
12. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Best advice is to never give up!
13. What brings you the most joy in life and why?
My kids and family bring me the most joy.
14. How do you keep the “joy” alive in your life
I keep the joy alive in my life by doing what I love and trying to be as positive as possible.