Today’s interview is with the amazingly talented designer and DIY fashionista, Nikki Brooks-Revis. As the creator of the highly acclaimed & awesome blog Beauté J’adore, Nikki exudes pure beauty and class with everything she does. From her exquisite sense of style to her beautifully self-tailored clothing, Nikki is definitely a woman with the ‘Midas’ touch. With no formal design training, Nikki quit her cushy corporate job, taught herself how to sew, and followed her fashion dreams through her blog. Seriously, what’s not to love about this inspiring woman. And the best part? She is literally one of the nicest bloggers out there. I hope you get hooked with her story just like I did. Enjoy!
1. How did you get started in your line of work & what do you enjoy most about it?
I’ve been in marketing many years and have an advanced degree in marketing. So It was a natural progression for me to turn my blog into a full time business. I enjoy the freedom and flexibility this offers.
2. Describe your typical day?
The beauty of what I do is everyday is different, nothing is typical.
3. How would you define your fashion style?
I would describe my style as classic sophistication with a twist.
4. Where do you shop for clothes?
5. What are your fashion must-haves?
A pair of aviators and a great clutch I wear them with everything from jeans to dresses.
6. What are your beauty must-haves?
I can’t live without my Clarisonic face brush, Amore Pacific enzyme treatment and alkaline water face spritzer.
7. What items are in your bag right now?
8. What 3 songs are playing on heavy rotation this week?
I’ve been listening to sirius radio old school hip hop all week.
9. Any advice for aspiring career /entrepreneurial women on how to juggle work & life?
Find what works best for you and make that fit. There is no road map to follow, create your own map.
10. How do you find the balance in life?
11. What/Who inspires you and why?
My husband, he is the most upstanding person I know. He works very hard and takes great pride in taking care of his family with no complaints.
12. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Traveling and spending time with my friends and family. I learn something new when I do both.
14. How do you keep the “joy” alive in your life
I am blessed and fortunate enough in my life to get up everyday and do exactly what I want to do on my terms and after many years in corporate america and reaching a great level of success I can smile and say my days and nights are filled with joy.
Enjoy life joyously & deliciously,